Leadership is important as it is vital for the survival of any organization. It is important, because it is the ability of a boss to guide and lead. An organization can have adequate planning, control, and not survive the lack of an appropriate leader, even such an organization can lack planning and control, but having a good leader can leave ahead.
Good leader essay introduction
Leadership is the set of managerial skills that allow an individual to influence a certain group of people and encourage them to work enthusiastically in order to achieve common goals and objectives. It requires certain capabilities such as: manage, have vision and initiative, promote, encourage, motivate, convene, direct, organize and evaluate with duly established indicators, the activities of a work team, in such a way that the objectives effectively within the administrative process of an organization.
The first empirical research on leadership was published in 1904, main impulses in that field occurred during the First World War, whose interest was to identify the characteristics of leadership and way men ascend into managerial positions. At that time there was the phenomenon of industrialization that, together with the development of large bureaucratic organizations in the business activities and the government, provoked the need for new leadership.
Organizations are constantly facing numerous changes. Stephen B. classifies them into six forces: nature of the labor force, technology, economic crises, competition, social trends, and world politics; each of these forces with an argumentative support that alerted us on the new challenges that the leaders of the 21st century should assume.
In many organizations, the people who are in charge of the posts managers usually amount to that position, because they are relatives of the owners, as well as in politics applies this type of practices. The first studies on leadership were focused on finding the psychological traits inherent in effective leaders; characteristics like intelligence, will, sociability and conditions of authority were the most accepted. A second stage in the study of leadership are the theories of double factor (they study the behavior of the leader), these theories have as their core central the variable authoritarianism democracy, defined as the degree of participation that the boss gives his subordinates in the search for alternatives and decision making.
It is necessary in all types of human organization, whether in the companies or in each of their departments. It is also essential in administration functions because the administrator needs to know the human motivation and know how to lead people, that is, to be a leader. According to the authors of the Theory of human relations, leadership can see from different perspectives, namely:
Leadership as a phenomenon of interpersonal influence
Leadership is the interpersonal influence exerted in a situation, oriented to the achievement of one or several specific objectives through the process of human communication. Leadership, a social phenomenon that occurs only in social groups, should be analyzed according to the interpersonal relationships in a certain social structure.
Leadership as a process of reducing the uncertainty of a group
Leadership is a continuous process of choice that allows the company to move in the direction of its objectives, despite internal and external disturbances. The group tends to choose as leader the person who can guide and support, to define or help the group choose the direction and the best solutions to the problems, in the achievement of the objectives.
What makes a good leader? Interpersonal skills
1. Acquire power and influence. The leader must acquire power, and exercise influence and, then, assign powers to the people under their guidance, so that he can distribute that power and provide them with greater responsibility and autonomy, is a fundamental skill for leadership.
2. Communicate to provide support. The leader must know how to communicate by both ways (which includes knowing how to listen to people, facilitate their communication, and understand their problems and points of view) in order to advice and guide them. It also includes the expression of ideas and points of seen, the transmission of information, knowledge, experiences and expectations. Communication is another fundamental skill for leadership.
3. Motivate people. The leader must diagnose the performance of the individuals, create a pleasant and motivating environment and reward good performance to reinforce and encourage it. The motivation of the people is another fundamental ability for leadership.
4. Manage conflicts. The leader must identify the causes and origin of possible conflicts in your team, choose the right strategies to solve them correctly and manage possible confrontations to the effect of minimize the negative consequences of situations and take full advantage of their positive consequences in order to get the effort in cooperation.
Qualities of a good leader essay: characteristics of leaders
- Practical intelligence.
- Social maturity.
- Internal motivation.
- Attitude of human relations.
- Discover the best in your people
- They are sure of themselves
- They know how to recognize their mistakes and accept criticism
Accordingly to the good leader essay writing, the leader is a strategy that guides the course of people. Leadership is the process of influencing a person or a group of people who strive to achieve their objectives in a certain situation. Leadership depends on the variables of Leader.
Define a good leader styles
- Autocratic leadership: The leader centralizes the decisions and imposes orders to the group. On the one hand, the behavior of the groups indicated strong tension, frustration and aggression; on the other, lack of spontaneity, initiative and groups of friends. Although in appearance they liked the tasks, they did not show satisfaction with the situation.
- Liberal leadership: the leader delegates all decisions to the group and not controls it. Although the activity of the groups is intense, the production is scarce.
- Democratic leadership: the leader leads and guides the group, and encourages the participation of people.
Good leader essay conclusion
From a point of view, the leader is a privilege that must be earned with the acts and example, these people are highlighted by an extraordinary will, which motivates and drives others. A common man can become a leader successful, if you have the support of a capable team, the necessary resources or the basic implements to create them.